CPC20211 – Certificate II in Construction Pathways
Construction and Mining Labourers includes occupations such as Crane Chasers, Driller’s Assistants, Laggers, Mining Support Workers and Surveyor’s Assistants. You can work as an Other Construction or Mining Labourer without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Some workers have a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification. The certificate 2 allows for greater access to all areas of construction and can be used as a pathway to an apprenticeship.
- Slings cranes and winches, and directs the movement of loads ensuring loads do not exceed lifting capacities
- Performs routine tasks in setting up, operating and dismantling drilling sites for extracting oil, gas, mineral ore or water
- Applies insulating materials, such as felt, fibreglass, polyurethane and cork, to pipes, steam generators, process vats and ducting, and secures insulation with wire, wire netting, staples, metal strapping and using welding torches
- Performs routine tasks in mining and mineral ore treating operations such as assembling, operating and dismantling mining equipment, taking ore, rock and dust samples, and mixing ore treating chemicals and catalysts
- Performs routine tasks to assist surveyors and geologists by transporting, assembling, maintaining and laying out prospecting and surveying equipment, and collecting and labelling samples
- Assistant to bricklayer, carpenter, and concreter.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes