HLT33215 – Certificate III in Health Support
Health support workers provide limited patient care under the direction of nursing staff. You need extensive experience, or a formal qualification in health services assistance to work as a Health Support Worker. Vocational Education and Training (VET) and university are both common study pathways.
- Assists patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating.
- Assists patients with their mobility and communication needs.
- Participates in planning the care of individuals.
- Follows therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems.
- Observes and reports changes in patients’ conditions, and reports complaints about care.
- Assists with rehabilitation exercises.
- Provides basic treatment and delivery of medications.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes